Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012


Should Prisoners be Released Due to Lack of Funding?

I believe this presentation gets right to the point; therefore, it is immediate and tangible.  I also think that it draws the viewer into the presentation.  I am just hoping that there are not too many animations; I was trying to keep the distractions to a minimum.

            I believe I have represented shared values in the money sign, and with the smiley face, I intended to evoke emotions of concern about the issue.  I was making the point that even if we release prisoners due to overcrowding and lack of funding; the public will still pay the same amount of taxes, but they are distributed to different categories of government funding.

            I think the placement of the arrows and money signs are important because it clearly depicts which path the flow of funds take, or lack of flow.  It also shows the flow of prisoners that are released go back into the public, where there is concern of recidivism among the offenders. 

            I did use one icon in my presentation.  This icon is the money sign and it is a global icon.  By using this icon, I was hoping to evoke from the viewers the idea that many social issues are resolved with funding usually taking priority in the decision.  I guess the arrow would be another icon in which everyone agrees on the meaning of it.  It clearly shows the direction of the flow.

            I picture my audience as everyone.  I think anyone can relate to this presentation because this issue does involve everyone.  It does not matter where you live or what your occupation is, you can still relate to this issue, normally will have an opinion about it, and probably will have formulated an idea of how to handle the situation.

            I have several claims in my visual argument, but the main claim is that if we release prisoners from prisons and jails, no matter the reason, the public as a whole will be unhappy and concerned.  This issue needs to be resolved, but there are too many variables and opinions to arrive at a working solution now.  I hope that at some point in the near future we can come up with a solution to this issue that will provide for public safety as well as ensuring that offenders get just desserts. 






References

Wood, N. (2009). Perspectives on Argument.Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.

 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment