Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012


Political Beliefs

I have chosen the 2nd Amendment to the U. S. Constitution to discuss in this assignment. 

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed”

 

            I think this Amendment to the Constitution means that a law-abiding citizen has the right to bear arms for their own protection as well as family and our nation in time of need.  This Amendment protects the right of the people to keep this right and never lose it.  This Amendment also ensures the means of the people to keep this country a free country. 

            This Amendment is important to me for several reasons.  The first being I enjoy shooting, hunting, and target practice.  I also enjoy the peace of mind that allows me to keep weapons on hand in case enemies that would do great harm to the American People invade this country.  It also tells me that the government is willing to compromise when it comes to the will of the people and their respective rights and freedoms.  This Amendment affects me daily in that I can carry a gun everyday for the protection of myself and the people around me.

            As far as this Amendment’s role in my interactions with the government and my participation in the U. S. political process would be, I need to have a background check administered on myself by the government in order to keep my good standing and my right to keep my guns.  I will vote for the candidate who supports the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution as opposed to a candidate who believes no person should have the right to own any type of gun.  I have no references to display; this was of my own thinking alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment